Kohler Waters Spa Safety Guidelines
After an extended closure due to COVID-19 precautions, Kohler Waters Spa is excited to once again welcome guests to experience our hydrotherapy, holistic and energy treatments, rejuvenating massages, nail services and facials. As we’ve prepared to reopen, we’ve paid close attention to CDC recommendations and state protocols and will take ongoing steps to keep our team members and guests safe.
- We have enhanced cleaning procedures using hospital-grade cleaning products for all treatment rooms and communal social areas including reception, locker rooms, relaxation lounges and treatment rooms.
- A new misting disinfectant sprayer that fights against the COVID-19 virus will sanitize the entire facility each night.
- We added an ionization air purification system to our HVAC system that is air force tested to 99.4% COVID kill rate in minutes.
- Hand sanitizer is available in all common areas and treatment rooms.
- All materials (magazines, newspapers and water/snacks) have been removed and are available upon request. We have switched to disposable cups and prepacked snacks.
- Spa service menu will be printed on single use paper at the spa frton desk and is available online.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at each front desk workstation.
- Markings at the front desk, spa attendant desk and retail space support social distancing.
- An updated check-in and check-out process ensures minimum guest contact.
- Lockers will be cleaned after every use and spaced out to respect social distancing. Each locker includes personal amenities including a towel, water, mask and gloves.
- To provide the safest and most gracious experience, guests at all Destination Kohler properties will be required to wear facial coverings or masks in all indoor public areas. Facial coverings and masks must cover both mouth and nose.
- Guests will be sent a pre-arrival COVID-19 questionnaire and have their temperature taken upon arrival prior to service. If above 99.9°, guests will be asked to reschedule.
- Guest will be asked to follow social distancing guidelines.
- All employees will undergo COVID-19 safety training.
- Associates will have their temperature taken upon arrival prior to service. If above 99.9°, they will be sent home.
- Associates are required to wear a face shield and/or masks and wash their uniform after every shift.
- Attendants and front desk staff are required to wear gloves.
- Associates will skip handshakes and greet guests with a bow.
- All lounge chairs are sanitized to the extent possible between each guest use and are spaced to provide effective social distancing.
- Staff are monitoring social distancing and pool capacity.
- Following CDC guidance that “There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs,” our pool area will be open. We are adhering to CDC guidance that “proper operation, maintenance, and disinfections (chlorine/bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.”
- Our certified pool operators are conducting ongoing chemical readings to ensure our water is safe.
- Associates will clean bottles wearing gloves and mask after guests touch them.
- All testers have been removed and are available upon request and then sanitized.
- No returns will be accepted. Any merchandise worn must be quarantined for 72 hours.
- Physical distancing has been indicated on the floor.
- We are disinfecting and sanitizing all tables, menus, condiments and chairs with hospital-grade cleaning products between guest use.
- We are changing out all kitchen serving utensils for cleaning and disinfection.
- All kitchen staff are required to wear gloves and masks and required to wash their hands when changing gloves between each guest interaction.
- Common areas, handles, faucets, dispensers, trash receptacles, touchpoints, buttons, keypads, counters and cleaning tools are continually sanitized with hospital-grade cleaning products.
- Guests will be seated 6 feet apart from other guests.
- Room use will be rotated in order to clean and sanitize between shifts. Time will be scheduled to clean counters, doors, handles and face cradles between guests.
- Associates will perform a sanitation ritual with clients.