Destination Kohler Announces Launch of Ticket Sales and Headlining Talent for Annual Kohler Food & Wine, October 17-20
Celebrity Chefs Maneet Chauhan, Joe Flamm, Jet Tila, Geoffrey Zakarian and America’s Test Kitchen grace the main stage, as Wisconsin-based Bartolotta Group hosts a Chef’s Stage takeover
KOHLER, Wis. – August 8, 2019 – Destination Kohler announced today the headlining talent for one of the most anticipated culinary events in the Midwest – the 19th annual Kohler Food & Wine. As of today, guests can book tickets for the annual fest, which kicks off Thursday, October 17 with the Prevea Kohler Chef’s Challenge and extends throughout the weekend with educational sessions, tastings, luncheons and evening soirées. Guests have the opportunity to interact with and learn from top culinary talents and premium wine purveyors across the country.
The four-day extravaganza will feature demonstrations and tastings on the Main Stage with top talents, including:
- Maneet Chauhan – The first Indian female competitor on Food Network’s “Iron Chef America” and “The Next Iron Chef,” Maneet Chauhan is now a permanent judge on the network’s highly acclaimed show “Chopped,” where she earned the 2012 James Beard Foundation Broadcast Media Award. After stints in New York City and Chicago, Chauhan has established herself as co-owner and executive chef of Indian-focused eatery, Chauhan Ale & Mascala House in Nashville.
- Joe Flamm – Season 15 winner of Bravo’s “Top Chef,” Joe Flamm earned a name for himself as the executive chef at Chicago’s Michelin-starred restaurant, Spiaggia. The acclaimed chef recently announced he will take his passion and knowledge of Italian fare to open his own restaurant.
- Jet Tila – Chef, culinary consultant and Los Angeles native, Jet Tila has been known for his Thai/Asian-fusion cuisine since the 90s with roles in various kitchens across the U.S. (including Encore at the Wynn in Las Vegas and Pakpao Thai in Dallas) and is the co-founder of Asian fast-casual concept, Modern Asian Kitchen. He’s taken the food TV world by storm appearing and competing on several Food Network television series, including “Chopped,” and “Iron Chef America.”
- Geoffrey Zakarian - he fine dining empire of this winner of “Iron Chef America” includes restaurants in New York City, South Florida, Atlantic City, Sonoma and Qatar. He’s also the author of “My Perfect Pantry:150 Easy Recipes from 50 Essential Ingredients” (2014) and the creator of a line of gourmet foods and culinary tools.
- “America’s Test Kitchen” – The top-rated cooking show on public television, will be represented by cast members: Chief Executive Officer Jack Bishop, Executive Editorial Director Bridget Lancaster and Executive Editorial Editor Julia Collin Davison.
For the first time at Kohler Food & Wine, the Wisconsin-based Bartolotta Group will host a “takeover” of the Chef’s Kitchen Stage with top talent – Adam Siegel, James Beard Award-winning executive chef and Managing Partner; Nick Wirth, executive chef at Bacchus; Brianna Bedan, executive chef at Joey Gerard’s; Aaron Bickham, corporate executive sous chef at the Bartolotta Restaurants; and John Korycki, executive chef at Harbor House.
“We are thrilled to welcome our impressive list of individuals to this year’s Food & Wine,” said Jenna Check, Associate Director of Special Events. “In addition to a jaw-dropping list of talent on the Main Stage, we welcome the partnership with The Bartolotta Group for our Chef’s Kitchen Stage takeover. This is something we’ve never done at Food & Wine and we’re excited that it will offer a special and intimate experience for
fest-goers. Equally as impressive as the culinary talent is our long list of successful and skilled vineyard principals and owners who will showcase the best in their portfolios.”
In addition to the multitude of experiences throughout the weekend, guests can also enjoy the “Spirits District,” – comprised of libation and wine experts from around the world and includes sampling sessions – and a variety of tastings at Woodlake Market. Fest-goers can also stroll, taste and purchase items at the ever-popular Gourmet Marketplace in the lower level of The American Club.
TICKETS & HOTEL PACKAGES NOW AVAILABLE
Destination Kohler – the Midwest’s only Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five Diamond resort-hotel – will serve as the stunning backdrop with reservations available for hotel packages. Feast, All Day Fun and Taste, and Weekend Sampler Packages include tickets to the celebrity chef demonstrations, overnight accommodations and exclusive events. Luxury accommodation is available at The American Club (starting at $645 per person), The Carriage House (starting at $710 per person), and boutique lodging is offered at Inn on Woodlake (starting at $442 per person).
For more information on Destination Kohler’s offerings or reservations, please call 800-344-2838 or visit DestinationKohler.com. Stay up to date on resort news and happenings on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Kohler Co. Hospitality & Real Estate Group
The Kohler Co. Hospitality & Real Estate profile includes The American Club, boasting the first and only Forbes Five-Star hotel in the Midwest, and world-renowned championship golf venues Whistling Straits and Blackwolf Run. It’s sister property, The Old Course Hotel, golf resort & spa in St Andrews, Scotland, the birthplace of golf. It is recognized as one of the most luxurious resorts in the world.
About Destination Kohler
Herb Kohler created Kohler Co.’s Hospitality & Real Estate Group with the reclamation of The American Club, the first and only Forbes Five-Star hotel in the Midwest, and then built world-renowned championship golf courses, The Straits and The Irish at Whistling Straits and The River and Meadow Valleys at Blackwolf Run. The resort is named one of the top three golf resorts in North America, by Golf Digest. Kohler Waters Spa is the only Forbes Five-Star spa in Wisconsin and one of 64 in the world. The resort features 12 dining establishments from the Four-Star Immigrant Restaurant to traditional pub fare of The Horse & Plow as well as River Wildlife. Herb Kohler believes River Wildlife, located in the forest and on the river, on an early Winnebago encampment, has the best country gourmet dining in the United States. The resort is located in the Village of Kohler, Wisconsin, one hour north of Milwaukee and two and a half hours north of Chicago.