Kohler Food & Wine Announces its Distinguished Chef Line-Up; Tickets Now on Sale
Amanda Freitag, Marcus Samuelsson, Fabio Viviani and cast members from “America’s Test Kitchen” return to Destination Kohler for acclaimed festival on October 18-21, 2018
KOHLER, Wis. – August 2, 2018 – Celebrity chefs and epicurean enthusiasts will come together at the 18th Annual Kohler Food & Wine Experience at Destination Kohler on October 18-21. The Midwest’s premiere immersive culinary experience will feature dynamic seminars, signature festivities and a brand-new “Spirits District” that engages libation and wine experts from around the world in interactive sampling sessions. The festival program schedule and tickets are now available at www.KohlerFoodandWine.com.
The all-star line-up includes:
- Amanda Freitag – Chef, cookbook author and frequent guest on Food Network television programming; Freitag is a regular judge on the TV cooking competition “Chopped” and has battled Bobby Flay on “Iron Chef America.”
- Marcus Samuelsson – James Beard Foundation award-winning chef and co-owner of New York City’s acclaimed Red Rooster Harlem; Samuelsson was tasked with planning and executing the first State Dinner under the Obama Administration.
- Fabio Viviani – Chef and restaurateur best known for his television debut on Bravo’s “Top Chef,” during which he earned the Fan Favorite title. Viviani operates 16 celebrated concepts across the country, including Siena Tavern and Prime & Provisions in Chicago.
- “America’s Test Kitchen” – The top-rated cooking show on public television, will be represented by cast members: Editorial Director Jack Bishop, Executive Food Editor Bridget Lancaster and Executive Food Editor Julia Collin Davison.
“We are delighted to welcome back our headlining chefs for the 18th Kohler Food & Wine Experience celebration. These chefs – along with the emerging and talented Midwestern talent joining us – will offer our loyal and new guests the chance to experience the epicurean flavors, techniques and emerging trends they crave,” said Jenna Check, Associate Director of Special Events. “Plans this year include increased pairing sessions, offering our guests more opportunities to interact with industry experts and sample some of the best in food and wine.”
In addition to the celebrity chef line-up, Kohler Food & Wine welcomes an impressive Midwest chefs who bring their great talent and energy to the festival.
- Jen Barney (Meringue; La Crosse, Wisconsin) – Winner of Food Network’s “Holiday Baking Championship” (Season Four).
- Thomas Boemer (Corner Table & Revival; Minneapolis, Minnesota) – Winner of the Grand Cochon (2015) BBQ culinary competition.
- Dan Bonanno (Pig in a Fur Coat; Madison, Wisconsin) – Winner of Madison Magazine’s Chef of the Year (2017).
- Jyll Everman (Gather on Broadway; Green Bay, Wisconsin) – Finalist on Food Network's “Next Food Network Star” (Season Seven).
- Amanda Weber (Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin) – Private chef and caterer; Former event chef at Destination Kohler.
- Luke Zahm (Driftless Café; Viroqua, Wisconsin) – James Beard Foundation Best Chef finalist in the Midwest category (2017).
- Terry John Zila (Minneapolis, Minnesota) – Private chef, regular contributor to KSTP’s “Twin Cities Live,” and culinary instructor at Cooks of Crocus Hill and Mackenthun's Fine Foods.
HOTEL PACKAGES NOW AVAILABLE
Destination Kohler – the Midwest’s only Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five Diamond resort-hotel – will set the stage for the gourmet showcase; reservations are now available for elevated hotel packages. Feast of Talent, All Day Fun and Party All Night include tickets to the celebrity chef demonstrations, overnight accommodations, exclusive package-guest-only events and special discounts. Luxury accommodation is available at The American Club (starting at $653 per person), and boutique lodging is offered at Inn on Woodlake (starting at $454 per person).
For more information and reservations, call 800-344-2838 or visit DestinationKohler.com. Stay up-to-date on resort news and happenings on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Kohler Hospitality & Real Estate Group
The Kohler Co. Hospitality & Real Estate profile includes The American Club resort, the only Forbes Five-Star hotel property in Wisconsin, and world-renowned championship golf venues Whistling Straits and Blackwolf Run. Its sister property, The Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa in the birthplace of golf, St Andrews, Scotland, is a AA Five Red Star property and recognized as one of the most luxurious resorts in the world. Most recently, Kohler Co. opened LODGE KOHLER in the heart of Titletown, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Kohler Co. is known for its long history of leading-edge kitchen and bath products, engines and generators. But in 1981, Herb Kohler transformed a 63-year-old dormitory built for immigrant workers called The American Club into a world-class resort hotel. It was later joined in 2004 by The Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa in St. Andrews, Scotland. Both properties, known for their high-level customer service and impeccable attention to detail, are recognized internationally for their hosting of golf’s Major championships. Destination Kohler is home to two public venues Whistling Straits and Blackwolf Run, which have collectively hosted the 1998 and 2012 U.S. Women’s Open, the 2007 U.S. Senior Open, the 2004, 2010 and 2015 PGA Championships and will host the 2020 Ryder Cup. The Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa stands within 10 feet along the fairway of the 17th hole, the Road Hole, golf’s most famous hole on its most famous course. The resort has served as host-hotel for both the 2010 and 2015 Open Championship and the annual Alfred Dunhill Links Championship. Both resorts have a Kohler Waters Spa, which are acclaimed for their innovative water-based therapies.