New Event! Libations of Spring Features Craft Beer, Cocktails and Cuisine With Series of Themed Tastings, Seminars and Dinner at Destination Kohler
Tickets, hotel packages and new Passport to Beer passes available now
KOHLER, Wis. — February 27, 2018 — A celebration of craft beer, cocktails and cuisine – Libations of Spring at Destination Kohler – offers an impressive line-up of craft libations accompanied by delicious dishes on April 13-14, 2018. Destination Kohler chefs and industrywide drink specialists will guide guests through a two-day adventure of beer and spirits tastings and seminars.
“Libations of Spring promises to be a delightful two days of beer and spirits tastings and seminars,” said Jenna Check, Associate Director Special Events. “We strived to create an inspired, culinary-focused experience and Libations of Spring will serve as the ideal backdrop to getaway for a weekend or day in Kohler.”
A new ticket offering is unveiled at Libations of Spring called Passport to Beer. In addition to ticketed events and tastings, visitors are encouraged to enjoy a sampling adventure at a variety of Kohler culinary locations. Passport holders can enjoy a brew at six different locations and upon collecting all six passport stamps, guests can exchange their passports for a mixed 6-pack of selected beers. Tickets and Passport to Beer passes are now available for purchase at KohleratHome.com starting at $30.
Libations of Spring overnight hotel packages feature various ticketed events and accommodations at the Forbes Five-Star American Club or at the recently expanded Inn on Woodlake:
- Craft Package: Overnight accommodations for one night on Saturday, April 14, and two tickets to Wisconsin Born and Craft Beer Social. Package prices start at $187.
- Salute to Spring: Two nights overnight accommodations on Friday and Saturday, April 13 and 14, and two tickets to Four Chefs, Four Beers and Four Courses; The Spirit of Flavor Infusion and Craft Beer Social. Package prices start at $342.
Package prices are based on double occupancy and does not includes taxes or fees.
The inaugural Libations of Spring festivities include a series of a la carte experiences including:
- Four Chefs, Four Beers, Four Courses – Friday at 6 p.m. in the Great Bays Ballroom at The American Club – A unique four course dinner set to challenge four Destination Kohler chefs to create a distinct dinner highlighting the flavors of four craft beers from local brewery 3 Sheeps Brewing Co. Each chef will either create a course inspired by a key ingredient found in the select beer or use the beer itself in the recipe. Founder and Brewmaster Grant Pauly of 3 Sheeps Brewing Co. hosts the evening alongside Destination Kohler Chefs: Blackwolf Run Chef Paul Smitala, Horse & Plow Chef Curtis Brown, Special Event Chef Lucas Oppeneer and Pastry Chef Nicolus Blouin. $89, Seats 120 people
- What’s On Tap? An Intro to Beer Styles Seminar – Saturday at 11 a.m. in The Horse & Plow – The craft beer industry is driving a resurgence of different styles of beer and that can leave the casual beer drinker wondering exactly what's on tap. If individuals ever feel a little overwhelmed by extensive beer lists, Peter Moeller can ease their apprehension and take the mystery out of ordering beer. As the Cicerone Certified Beer Server of the Horse & Plow, he loves helping guests find the styles they enjoy most. Join him for this beer-tasting class to sample different beer styles and learn about what's unique to each. Then leave ready for the next beer pub adventure. $39, Seats 30 people
- Mix It Up: Making Craft Cocktails at Home Interactive Demonstration – Saturday 11:30 a.m. in the Winery Bar – Like cooking the perfect meal, making the best craft cocktail requires more than just following a recipe. As a home bartender, one must understand the flavor profiles and how each ingredient impacts the drink. Destination Kohler mixologist Peter Kalleward guides guests through the process of making some popular cocktails and how to add a personal twist on each. $39, Seats 30 people
- Flavor Detectives Tasting – Saturday at 1:30 p.m. in The Appley Theater – It's said that only 5 percent of the world’s population has the natural ability to distinguish the subtle differences and flavors found in most food. These folks can distinguish between good and bad combinations easily. In this unique tasting, Executive Chef Matt Bauer of The American Club will walk guests through the different flavor profiles of spirits and cocktails as they taste them with different foods and learn what combinations make for a successful pairing. While guests might leave with some work ahead, we're confident they will be one step closer to joining that 5 percent. $45, Seats 40
- The Spirit of Flavor Infusion Interactive Demonstration – Saturday at 4:00 p.m. in the Appley Theater– Flavored spirits are a big trend, and this class puts guest right at the center of it. Working alongside Dan Dufek, Beverage Development Specialist with BreakThru Beverage, guests will learn how to mix different spirits to create unique, custom-flavored cocktails. Guests will receive an infused bottle home for future enjoyment. $45, Seats 80
- Craft Beer Social Beer Tasting – Saturday from 8-10 p.m. at Kohler Design Center - Delight in the final moments of the weekend with an unforgettable evening of delectable food and select craft beer. Sample, savor and discuss a variety of unique, rare or seasonal craft beers with the brewers who produce them while indulging in an assortment of delicious food from the chefs of Destination Kohler. $89, Seats 200
For more information on Destination Kohler or reservations, please call 800-344-2838 or visit DestinationKohler.com. Stay up to date on resort news and happenings on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Destination Kohler is located in the quaint Village of Kohler, and located one hour north of Milwaukee and two-and-a-half hours north of Chicago.
About Kohler Co. Hospitality & Real Estate Group
The Kohler Co. Hospitality & Real Estate profile includes The American Club, boasting the first and only Forbes Five-Star hotel property in Wisconsin, and world-renowned championship golf courses Whistling Straits and Blackwolf Run. Acquired in 2004, its sister property, The Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa in the birthplace of golf, St Andrews, Scotland, is a AA Five Red Star property and recognized as one of the most luxurious resorts in the world. In July 2017, Kohler Co. opened its newest property, LODGE KOHLER, a luxury hotel in the new Titletown District in Green Bay, Wis. located across the street from the historic Lambeau Field.
About Destination Kohler
Herb Kohler created Kohler Co.’s Hospitality & Real Estate Group with the reclamation of The American Club, the first and only Forbes Five-Star hotel in Wisconsin, and then built world-renowned championship golf courses, The Straits at Whistling Straits and The River at Blackwolf Run. The resort is named one of the top three golf resorts in North America, by Golf Digest Magazine. Kohler Waters Spa is the only Forbes Five-Star spa in Wisconsin and one of 56 in the world. The resort features 12 dining establishments from the Four-Star Immigrant to traditional pub fare at Horse & Plow and rustic country gourmet at River Wildlife. The resort is located in the Village of Kohler, Wisconsin, one hour north of Milwaukee and two and a half hours north of Chicago.
For inquiries, contact:
Leslie Stachowiak, Associate Manager Public Relations920-457-4441Send Email
Todd Weber, Communications Director-Product Public RelationsSend Email
Dana Grunewald,Send Email
Communications Leaders-Media Buying and Online Marketing
For Kohler Kitchen & Bath Public Relations inquiries, contact:Send Email