Kohler Festival of Beer Offers Three Days of Beer-Centric Happenings at Destination Kohler
KOHLER, Wis. – March 15, 2016 – Tickets go on sale today for the 8th annual Kohler Festival of Beer, April 29-May 1 – a celebration bringing together brewmasters from across the country at Destination Kohler. The weekend is crafted for the beer enthusiast, overflowing with brew-themed happenings. Guests can enjoy flavorful food pairing experiences, tasting soirees, educational seminars, culinary demonstrations, lively music, and a 5K Beer Run/Walk. This year the line-up of new events boasts an interactive grilling experience, college kegger-themed party, sessions on homebrewing, beer-infused cooking, and craft beer trends. Tap into all the details by calling 1-800-344-2838 or online.
Satiate and Educate
Educational opportunities are plentiful for craft beer fans of all levels and interests. Brewmasters, cicerones, chefs and chocolatiers host inspiring educational sessions throughout the weekend:
- Beer Infused Foods ($35), Friday at 5pm – Discover how to incorporate and infuse beer into favorite foods and recipes at this cooking demonstration with food and beer samples.
- Art of Homebrewing ($40), Saturday at 10am – Learn the techniques, tips and secrets to create beer at home.
- Beer 101 ($30), Saturday at 2pm – Gain insight into the basics and nuances of beer and brewing at this session focusing on history, proper pouring techniques and glassware.
- Craft Beer Trends, ($30) Saturday at 4pm – Get a taste of the latest trends in the craft beer industry from a certified cicerone.
- Those seeking a hands-on experience will enjoy The Art of Grilling ($120) on Saturday at 5pm featuring a 1.5 hour session on grilling basics, tips and tricks hosted by resort chefs. Twenty culinarians will line the grilling stations at this interactive session as they prepare and enjoy dinner.
A new event this year affords a sole brewery the opportunity to showcase its portfolio of craft beer to festgoers. Not Your College Kegger ($40) late-night party on Saturday from 8-11pm is hosted exclusively by 3 Sheeps Brewing Co. Located in the Fest Tent, this event is a spin on a college keg party. The chefs of Destination Kohler will be preparing late night fare that pairs well with select annual and seasonal beers from 3 Sheeps Brewing Co. in Sheboygan County.
Tasting events with ample samples
Kohler Festival of Beer signature events celebrate the discovery of beers from more than 30 breweries. The events include both abundant beer tastings and food pairings. Performances by regional bands include Copperbox, Marc Croft Band, DJ Sye Young and Sammy Llanas, the former lead singer of the BoDeans.
- Hops the Shops ($40) taps the weekend with a pairing event at The Shops at Woodlake on Friday from 8-11pm.
- Regional chefs collaborate with brewers to share fantastic grilled fair with beer pairings at Shorts and Chefs ($40) on Saturday from 11am-1pm.
- A day choc-full of beer-themed events culminates at Cheers to Beers ($90) tasting gala on Saturday from 6-9pm featuring high-end and hard-to-find beers at the inspiring Kohler Design Center, a showroom of Kohler Co. products and services.
Beer here, there and everywhere
Visitors to Destination Kohler can enjoy beer-themed menu additions at its restaurants, an al fresco beer garden and special offers at Woodlake Market. Resort restaurants get in the spirit offering unique food and beverage specials at various locales including the resort’s historic taproom Horse & Plow Restaurant & Pub. Craverie Chocolatier Café will pinpoint select beers that pair perfectly with Kohler Original Recipe Chocolates. Cucina will host lively music and small bites at the Goose Island Beer Garden located in the breezeway at The Shops at Woodlake on Friday from Noon-6pm and Saturday from 10am-6pm. The Wisconsin Room will host a Friday evening Sierra Nevada Lobster & Seafood Buffett and the Beer Lovers Brunch ($40) on Sunday morning. Woodlake Market will showcase featured festival beers making it easy to take home new favorites.
Craft a brew-cation
Kohler Festival of Beer overnight package prices start at $160 per person, offering event tickets, exclusive opportunities, special offers, and accommodations at the Forbes Five-Star The American Club resort hotel and the Three-Star Inn on Woodlake conveniently located near the Kohler Festival of Beer Tent and outdoor events.
Follow the event on social media and join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram tagging #KohlerBeerFest to be part of the Social Tap Line.
What: Kohler Festival of Beer, 8th annual
When: April 29-May 1
Where: Destination Kohler / The American Club Resort in Kohler, Wis.
Overview: The Kohler Festival of Beer continues to celebrate one of Wisconsin’s top industries with the country’s premiere craft brewers and beer fans from around the nation and in our backyard. The Village of Kohler comes alive with music, food pairing events, cooking demonstrations, and flowing taps that highlight the weekend. Hotel packages and a la carte ticket options available online at www.DestinationKohler.com or 1-800-344-2838
About Kohler Co. Hospitality & Real Estate Group
The Kohler Co. Hospitality & Real Estate profile includes The American Club, boasting the first and only Forbes Five-Star hotel property in Wisconsin, and world-renowned championship golf courses Whistling Straits and Blackwolf Run. Acquired in 2004, its sister property, The Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa in the birthplace of golf, St Andrews, Scotland, is a AA Five Red Star property and recognized as one of the most luxurious resorts in the world.
About Destination Kohler
The American Club, a Forbes Five-Star Recipient and the Midwest’s only AAA Five-Diamond resort-hotel was named #3 Golf Resort in North America, by Golf Digest Magazine. The resort is one of only 52 hotels in North America with both the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond distinction. Kohler Waters Spa in Kohler, Wisconsin is the first and only Forbes Five-Star spa in Wisconsin and one of 47 spas worldwide to hold this distinction. The resort features 12 dining establishments from the Forbes Four-Star Immigrant Restaurant to traditional pub fare at Horse & Plow and rustic Italian at Cucina. The resort is located in the Village of Kohler, Wisconsin, one hour north of Milwaukee and two and a half hours north of Chicago.
For inquiries, contact:
Leslie Stachowiak, Associate Manager Public Relations920-457-4441Send Email
Todd Weber, Communications Director-Product Public RelationsSend Email
Dana Grunewald,Send Email
Communications Leaders-Media Buying and Online Marketing
For Kohler Kitchen & Bath Public Relations inquiries, contact:Send Email