Stay Active this Winter: Experiential Events Abound at Destination Kohler
Cherish Wisconsin Winters with Relaxing, Educational and Entertaining Special Events & Activities
KOHLER, Wis. – (January, 5 2015) – Destination Kohler offers several interactive events to celebrate the winter season with the storybook charm, old-world elegance and Five-Star experiences, offering a calendar speckled with culinary experiences, unique events and relaxing wellness opportunities. The resort offers a serene winter setting and a five-star first-class canvas upon which to create a lifetime of colorful memories, starting with the new Wisconsin Food Favorites event on January 23-24, 2015.
Relaxation leads to romance, rejuvenation and cherished experience. Whether guests celebrate the season with a day trip to the Village of Kohler or a getaway at the historic The American Club, or the more contemporary Inn on Woodlake, they are afforded the opportunity to explore acres of wilderness, world-class cuisine, exciting shops, events and activities. For reservations, please call 800-344-2838 or visit www.DestinationKohler.com for more information. Stay up to date on resort news and happenings on Facebook www.facebook.com/americanclub and on Twitter, www.twitter.com/theamericanclub. *Event dates and details subject to change.
WINTER EXPERIENCES & CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- Wisconsin Food Favorites: January 23-24
Eat Wisconsin! The Kitchens of Kohler chefs celebrate Wisconsin’s edible delights at the new Wisconsin Food Favorites weekend on January 23 and 24. The festivities begin with a spin on the Friday Night fish fry with a local flare‚ featuring specialty fish of the Great Lakes. The delicious weekend continues with cooking demonstrations and samplings of favorite Wisconsin food and drink featuring maple syrup with Meuer Farms (Chilton); jams and jellies by Bertram’s (Sheboygan); and a variety of local cheese‚ craft beer and cocktails including the state’s signature drink‚ The Old Fashioned‚ recreated by Death’s Door Spirits (Washington Island/Middleton). Wisconsin Food Favorites a la carte tickets are on sale at KOHLERatHome.com priced from $24 to $40.
- In Celebration of Chocolate: February 6-8
From sweet to savory and everything in between, In Celebration of Chocolate is a three-day chocolate-themed soirée headlined by Johnny Iuzzini – James Beard Award-winning pastry chef and judge of Bravo’s Top Chef: Just Desserts and Scott Green‚ a pastry chef‚ of Travelle and The Langum. These featured chefs and Kohler’s culinary team‚ collectively‚ showcase distinctively delicious events including an inventive Chocolate & Wine Dinner‚ educational chocolate pairing and cooking sessions and a Chocolate Lovers Brunch. The signature event “Sugar High” at the Kohler Design Center showcases specialty dishes from The Kitchens of Kohler‚ an expansive fondue station‚ dynamic desserts from Chef Iuzzini, and limitless KOHLER Original Recipe Chocolates‚ accompanied by live entertainment. The two-night Chocolate Indulgence hotel package at The American Club® (starting at $436) features an exclusive opportunity to meet Chef Iuzzini. View schedule of events‚ hotel packages and pricing online.
- Fowles Wine Dinner: February 19
First generation winemaker Matt Fowles, a lawyer turned winery owner with a strong belief in gourmet farm-to-table cuisine, hosts an Australian Wine Dinner in the comfort of The Wisconsin Room. Fowles will walk through a selection of their “Food Wines”; wines made with the purpose of pairing with food, perfectly paired with signature restaurant selections. The price for hotel guests to enjoy this exclusive dinner is $75.
- Kohler Comedy Classic: February 20-21
Destination Kohler welcomes a six-pack of nationally touring comedians for two nights of laughter at the inaugural Comedy Classic Weekend. Guests can take in one night or a whole weekend of laughs and fun with six nationally touring comedians including Keith Albertstadt‚ who has performed on The Late Show with David Letterman‚ and Rocky LaPorte‚ a finalist on Last Comic Standing. Set in The American Club Great Lakes Ballroom, this line-up of laughs offers the perfect medicine for the winter blues. Public tickets available for $25 and hotel packages start at $94 per person per night featuring exclusive opportunities such as cocktail seating with table side service and an invitation to the Comedy Q&A Panel on Saturday afternoon.
- Seasonal Spa Services: Available through March
Enrobe in the season at Kohler Waters Spa - a winter sanctuary of water and hydration. Kohler Waters Spa offers warming seasonal spa services for the chilly winter months with three blissful treatments: Bamboo Bliss Massage, Head to Glow Body Treatment and Soy Joy Delicious Pedicure. The Bamboo Bliss Massage melts away tension with skillful manipulation of warm bamboo for a tropical escape. Head to Glow treats the body from head to toe with a gentle dry-mitt body exfoliation and brightening facial‚ followed by a nourishing Agave Nectar Body Oil for a beautiful glow. Re-energize overworked feet with the Soy Joy Delicious Pedicure featuring a salt scrub exfoliation, cooling foot masque‚ warm stones and therapeutic massage. All three seasonal spa services are available at both Kohler Waters Spa at The American Club in Kohler‚ Wis.‚ and Kohler Waters Spa at Burr Ridge in Burr Ridge (Chicago)‚ Ill. Available through March 31. Pricing varies.
- Demonstration Kitchen Series: January – April
Learning never tasted so good! Home chefs enhance cooking skills at the weekly Kitchens of Kohler Cooking Demonstration Kitchen Series led by classically trained chefs demonstrating a variety of cuisine from preparation to presentation to final tasting. Chefs and guests interact in the Demonstration Kitchen, an intimate, informal working kitchen at The Shops at Woodlake. Tickets are available for the 2015 Kitchens of Kohler Cooking Demonstration Series featuring two sessions at 11am and 2pm on Saturdays from January 3, through April 25, 2015 for $35 per person.
- Outdoor Experiences: Available through April (some activities are weather pending)
Heartwarming outdoor activities abound at the enchanted winter destination. Guests wonder what to do first as the charming Village of Kohler turns into a winter wonderland serving as a perfect backdrop for snowshoeing, ice skating, sledding, cross-country skiing, ice fishing, upland bird hunting, trap shooting and five-stand sporting clays. Guests of all ages can explore the wilderness or quaint streets of Kohler while cherishing the joys of Wisconsin winters.
Save-the-date for noteworthy resort events:
• Kohler Festival of Beer – May 29-31
• 2015 PGA Championship – August 10-16
• Kohler Food & Wine Experience – October 22-25
The perfect winter getaway awaits with one of these holiday packages.
Red Carpet Retreat
• Any length of stay at The American Club.
• Food and beverage credit of $50 per night.
• In-room movie (one feature film, not including TV Series or Movie Series) each evening.
• In-room dining delivery of Movie Package Amenities (includes soda, popcorn and candy).
• Kohler Waters Spa services discounted 20%, excluding seasonal treatments.
Rates through May 2015 - starting at $142 per person per night*
• Two nights at The American Club.
• Breakfast daily in The Wisconsin Room (gratuity included). Sunday Brunch in The Wisconsin Room. Advanced reservations are required for brunch.
• Three-course dinner one night at Cucina (gratuity included).
• Or, for dinner, select three-course dining at The Wisconsin Room (Saturday through Thursday a la carte menu, Friday Night Seafood Buffet only), Blackwolf Run, or Whistling Straits restaurants for an additional $20 per person, or select five-course dining at The Immigrant Restaurant for an additional $50 per person, Tuesday through Saturday. (Gratuity included.)
• 20% discount on services at Kohler Waters Spa, excluding seasonal treatments.
Rates through April 2015 - starting at $304 per person*
* All rates are per person per night, based on double occupancy, not including taxes and resort fees. Maximum number of 2 adults in King Bed accommodations, 4 adults in accommodations with two beds. Limited availability. Not applicable to groups. Package components cannot be substituted. Please note, since accommodations for children 15 & under are complimentary, package inclusions do not apply. Minimum spa service requirements may apply to reserve Saturday spa services. Please see Kohler Waters Spa Policies & Fees for more information.
For inquiries, contact:
Leslie Stachowiak, Associate Manager Public Relations920-457-4441Send Email
Todd Weber, Communications Director-Product Public RelationsSend Email
Dana Grunewald,Send Email
Communications Leaders-Media Buying and Online Marketing
For Kohler Kitchen & Bath Public Relations inquiries, contact:Send Email