‘Tis the Season to Explore Destination Kohler
Midwest’s Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Resort Offers Unforgettable Holiday Packages and Experiences
KOHLER, Wis. – September 11, 2014 – Set your sights on Destination Kohler and find yourself in the land of enchantment this holiday season. The Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond resort, located in Kohler, Wis., is the perfect getaway for couples and families alike, offering every amenity one might desire including first-class accommodations, a five-star hydrotherapy-focused spa, outdoor adventure, shopping and fine dining.
Set on hundreds of acres, Destination Kohler embodies the true essence of the holidays with 40 miles of twinkling lights, cracking fireplaces and decorated Christmas trees and wreaths. Visitors have the option to stay at The American Club, one of only 44 resort-hotels in the world to boast both the coveted Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond distinction, The Carriage House, a 55-room annex to The American Club with complimentary access to Kohler Waters Spa, Sandhill Cabin, a private rural cabin retreat coupling rustic charm with first-class service, and the Inn on Woodlake, a three-star boutique-style hotel for convenient access to holiday shopping at The Shops at Woodlake.
Destination Kohler also boasts a selection of dining options that are sure to please any palate. The Immigrant Restaurant, the property’s intimate four-star restaurant, will serve a Thanksgiving Day Chef’s Tasting Menu, Christmas Tasting Menu and a Five-Course Prix Fixe New Year’s Eve menu, all featuring dishes made from the freshest seasonal ingredients. Among the menus, guests will find Smoked Duck Salad with Salt Cured Hudson Valley Foie Gras, Berkshire Pork Tenderloin and Crispy Pork Cheek, Grilled Tasmanian King Salmon, and a Sweet Potato and Pecan Tart. The Wisconsin Room, known for its farm-fresh cuisine, will offer Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Buffets. Families looking for kid-friendly dining can enjoy a Mistletoe Brunch or Holiday Afternoon Tea at The Wisconsin Room, Breakfast with Santa at Grand Hall of the Great Lakes or venture to Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits for scenic settings.
Travelers who prefer to greet the holiday season from the warmth of the great indoors can indulge in a variety of calming body treatments at the Kohler Waters Spa, one of only 41 Five-Star spas in the world. Escape the outdoor elements with one of the Spa’s many treatments including the fall seasonal Wine Down Body Treatment and Wine Down Pedicure – available Oct 1-Nov 30 – in honor of the 14th annual Kohler Food & Wine Experience. Known for its expertise in hydrotherapy services, water-based treatments such as Bamboo Contouring Drizzle, Citrus Reviver and Lavender Rain are always excellent options for spa-goers. For more additional pampering, spa-goers can also enjoy the relaxation pool with an 8-foot waterfall, enclosed rooftop with whirlpool, fireplace and lounge.
In addition to the spa, guests can spend a relaxing afternoon browsing The Shops at Woodlake looking for the perfect last minute gifts. Nestled at the beautiful lakes edge, these shops feature 20 specialty boutiques ranging from men's and women's apparel, toys, collectibles, restaurants, home furnishing and design stores. Shoppers can also venture into the Craverie Chocolatier Café, home of KOHLER Original Recipe Chocolates, and enjoy signature pastries and chocolate paired with a coffee, handcrafted hot chocolate, wine or beer.
For those who are feeling adventurous, Destination Kohler’s 500-acre wildlife preserve, River Wildlife, offers cross-country skiing or snowshoeing through the expansive snow-covered wilderness, as well as bird hunting, trapshooting and 3-D archery creating fun winter memories. After a day of outdoor activity, which can also include ice fishing, ice bowling and carriage rides through the town of Kohler, guests can unwind with imaginative seasonal fare at the wildlife preserve’s on-site restaurant, River Wildlife Lodge Resort. Situated within a comfortable log cabin, with intimate lofts, primitive wood furnishings and earthenware place settings, the River Wildlife Lodge Resort is a cozy reprieve.
The perfect winter getaway awaits with one of these holiday packages.
Red Carpet Retreat
• Any length of stay at The American Club.
• Food and beverage credit of $50 per night.
• In-room movie (one feature film, not including TV Series or Movie Series) each evening.
• In-room dining delivery of Movie Package Amenities (includes soda, popcorn and candy).
• Kohler Waters Spa services discounted 20%, excluding seasonal treatments.
Rates November 2014 - May 2015 - starting at $142 per person per night*
• Two nights at The American Club.
• Breakfast daily in The Wisconsin Room (gratuity included). Sunday Brunch in The Wisconsin Room. Advanced reservations are required for brunch.
• Three-course dinner one night at Cucina (gratuity included).
• Or, for dinner, select three-course dining at The Wisconsin Room (Saturday through Thursday a la carte menu, Friday Night Seafood Buffet only), Blackwolf Run, or Whistling Straits restaurants for an additional $20 per person, or select five-course dining at The Immigrant Restaurant for an additional $50 per person, Tuesday through Saturday. (Gratuity included.)
• 20% discount on services at Kohler Waters Spa, excluding seasonal treatments.
Rates November 2014 - April 2015 - starting at $304 per person*
* All rates are per person per night, based on double occupancy, not including taxes and resort fees. Maximum number of 2 adults in King Bed accommodations, 4 adults in accommodations with two beds. Limited availability. Not applicable to groups. Package components cannot be substituted. Please note, since accommodations for children 15 & under are complimentary, package inclusions do not apply. Minimum spa service requirements may apply to reserve Saturday spa services. Please see Kohler Waters Spa Policies & Fees for more information.
For reservations, please call 800-344-2838 or visit www.DestinationKohler.com for more information. Stay up to date on resort news and happenings on Facebook www.facebook.com/americanclub and on Twitter, www.twitter.com/theamericanclub.
For inquiries, contact:
Leslie Stachowiak, Communications Leader Public Relations920-457-4441Send Email
Todd Weber, Communications Director-Product Public RelationsSend Email
Dana Grunewald,Send Email
Senior Communications Specialist-Media Planning & Online Marketing
For Kohler Kitchen & Bath Public Relations inquiries, contact:Send Email