Dream Golf Gift Idea "Fore" Dads This Father's Day
This Golf-themed Father’s Day Dream Gift Offers Chance to Win a Dream Golf Getaway to the Home of Golf in St. Andrews, Scotland
KOHLER, Wis. (For Immediate Release) – Father’s Day gift giving can be an annual challenge for children of all ages. The American Club Resort offers a perfect solution fore this year’s Dad’s Day. This year, skip the tie, and give Dad a sporting trip he truly deserves: The American Club’s Father’s Day Golf Challenge.
For a bonding experience he’ll always cherish, golf-loving fathers can enter the Father's Day Golf Challenge on June 15-17, 2012. From two rounds at the award-winning Whistling Straits and Blackwolf Run, to personalized lockers and a chance to win a dream trip for two to the Kohler-owned Old Course Hotel in St. Andrews, Scotland, this is a Father’s Day gift he’ll cherish forever. Package pricing starts at $891 per person and is based on double occupancy. Reservations and information are available by calling 800-344-2838.
For those fathers who enjoy watching historic shots and unbelievable putts, don’t miss the opportunity to learn from the professionals when the U.S. Women’s Open returns to Blackwolf Run this July 2-8. Through June 18, the Father’s Day Ticket Package is available at www.2012uswomensopen.com. With a purchase of two Championship Tickets or one Championship Badge, a guest receives a box of six Titleist championship golf balls and a $10 food and beverage voucher.
Following the unforgettable golf rounds and outrageous Kohler experiences, dads can partake at one of the resorts many fine pubs and enjoy the official beer of the Kohler-owned Old Course Hotel in St Andrews, Scotland – the Jigger Ale. Brewed by Belhaven Brewery with input from company Chairman and CEO Herbert V. Kohler, Jr., this delicious ale was created exclusively for The Jigger Inn at the Old Course Hotel and is only available stateside at The American Club Resort, specifically at the Horse & Plow, Whistling Straits and Blackwolf Run Clubhouses.
FATHER’S DAY GOLF CHALLENGE PACKAGE
- HOTEL: Two nights at Forbes Five-Star The American Club Resort Hotel
- GOLF: Two golf rounds with shotgun start on Straits at Whistling Straits and Meadow Valleys at Blackwolf Run
- FOOD & DRINK: Beverage specials at Horse & Plow plus golf trivia giveaways, breakfast buffet at Whistling Straits
- FUN: Welcome gift, raffle, live-televised viewing of the U.S. Open during Prize Party, 20% discount on Kohler Waters Spa services
- DREAM PRIZE: The Grand Prize Shoot-Out* prize is a golfer’s dream escape to Scotland for Two
(retail price of $5,800) that includes five nights at the Old Course Hotel Golf Resort & Spa in St. Andrews, Scotland, three rounds of golf at The Duke's St Andrews, $1,000 airfare credit and complimentary airport transportation, dinner & breakfast options and two Old Course Hotel men's golf shirts.
- PRICE: Prices start at $891 per person. All rates are per person, based on double occupancy and do not include taxes. Package components cannot be substituted. 50% discount on Sunday evening room rate available.
- RESERVATIONS: Please call 800-344-2838 to make a reservation, as hotel packages cannot be reserved online.
Learn more about The American Club Resort at www.AmericanClub.com or 800-344-2838. Stay up to date on resort happenings on Facebook, facebook.com/americanclub and on twitter, www.twitter.com/theamericanclub.
About Kohler Co. Hospitality & Real Estate Group
The Kohler Co. Hospitality & Real Estate profile includes The American Club, boasting the first and only Forbes Five-Star hotel property in Wisconsin, and world-renowned championship golf courses Whistling Straits and Blackwolf Run. Kohler Co. also operates The Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa in the birthplace of golf, St Andrews, Scotland, a AA Five Red Star property and recognized as one of the 10 most exclusive lodgings in the world. The Hotel stands astride the 17th hole of the Old Course and the North Sea. Just behind the 18th hole, Kohler Co. is renovating what will be known as Hamilton Grand, 26 of the world’s most extraordinary apartments which will be sold as 99-year leaseholds in the spring of 2012.
About The American Club Resort
The American Club Resort is in a select group being one of only 36 hotels worldwide to be rated both Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond, while the Kohler Waters Spa is one of just 30 spas worldwide to earn the Five-Star – both firsts in the State of Wisconsin. Additionally, it was named No. 3 Golf Resort in North America, by Golf Digest Magazine. In addition, Kohler has hosted the 1998 U.S. Women’s Open at Blackwolf Run, as well as the 2004 and 2010 PGA Championships and 2007 U.S. Senior Open at Whistling Straits. Kohler will also play host to the 2015 PGA Championship and 2020 Ryder Cup at Whistling Straits. The resort features 11 dining establishments from the Forbes Four-Star Immigrant Restaurant to traditional pub fare at Horse & Plow and rustic Italian at Cucina. The resort is located in the Village of Kohler, Wis., one hour north of Milwaukee and two and a half hours north of Chicago.
* Details of the Grand Prize Shoot-Out: All 2-person teams will have a chance to qualify for our Grand Prize Shoot-Out**. For a 2-man team to qualify for the Shoot-Out, at least one team member must hit his tee shot within the designated area surrounding the flag on the par 3, 12th hole of Straits course. Tournament witnesses will verify all team qualifiers, who will proceed to a shoot-out immediately following the conclusion of the tournament round. The Champion Team of the Shoot-Out will win one Trip for 2 to Scotland (one trip for 2 people per 2 man team). See trip details above. The American Club Resort Tournament Management team will determine the Shoot-Out holes prior to the event.
**Shoot-Out is a golf format where all qualifying teams tee off at the same time on a designated hole. Each 2-man team will play a one net best-ball of two format (handicaps determined off of the lowest individual handicap qualifying for the shoot-out). After each hole played, one team (highest net score) is eliminated until only one team remains.
For inquiries, contact:
Leslie Stachowiak, Communications Leader Public Relations920-457-4441Send Email
Todd Weber, Communications Director-Product Public RelationsSend Email
Dana Grunewald,Send Email
Senior Communications Specialist-Media Planning & Online Marketing
For Kohler Kitchen & Bath Public Relations inquiries, contact:Send Email