Kohler Waters Spa Fact Sheet
Kohler Waters Spa is an elegant, classically styled haven for relaxation with an emphasis on innovative water treatments. Kohler Waters Spa operates within The American Club® in Kohler, Wisconsin, one of only 65 hotels in North America to boast both Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five- Diamond designations.
The Kohler Waters Spa opened in December 2000. The Kohler Co. is committed to continuously improving the Five-Star guest experience highlighted by renovation and expansion projects for the spa. Projects of note include the addition of spa-inspired hotel guest suites at The Carriage House in 2005, renovation of the signature wet-treatment rooms in 2010 along with redesign of the two-gether and facial rooms in 2013. Most recently the team has updated the 25,000 square-foot facility to include more co-ed relaxation spaces to accommodate spa-goers who desire more common areas where guests can spend time together before and after services.
Kohler Waters Spa is one of 56 Forbes Five-Star spas worldwide and the first and only one in Wisconsin to boast this designation. The spa leads the industry in therapeutic, experiential treatments, launching new signature water-based services each year. Guests visiting will enjoy the most luxurious services, top-level hospitality and the opportunity to personally experience the newest KOHLER® products. The spa offers twenty- one treatment rooms, a signature 30-foot relaxation pool with 8-foot waterfall, and enclosed rooftop deck with fireplace, sauna, plunge pools and relaxation areas.
Kohler Waters Spa occupies 25,000 square feet of space on three levels of the Carriage House, a fifty-five guest room annex to The American Club. The location allows Carriage House guests to travel from their hotel guest rooms to and from the spa in their luxurious robes.
Immersion Suites – There are ten spa-inspired hotel guest rooms located in the Carriage House, enabling guests to continue the spa experience within their guest room. The Immersion Suites feature a therapeutic bath and showering experience in relaxed surroundings.
First level (5,500 square feet) includes:
• Reception area
• Spacious relaxation lounge with double-sided fireplace
• Boutique – featuring Kohler Waters Spa signature product lines and other skin care lines
• Co-ed relaxation area with chromathaerapy lighting and chaise lounge chairs
• Social room with couches, TV and tables great for a group gathering
• Finishing spa for conditioning head wraps, manicures, pedicures, a private manicure/pedicure suite, hair styling and makeup service
Lower level (18,500 square feet) includes:
• Twenty-one treatment rooms:
• Seventeen multipurpose rooms used for massages, facials and body services
• Two-gether room and RiverBath® room are designed for use by two spa guests
• Three signature wet-treatment rooms specially designed for therapeutic water services. Each of these rooms features innovative KOHLER bathing and showering products
• One-of-a-kind KOHLER custom Vichy shower for a unique spa experiences
• Central relaxation pool in lower level:
- Dimensions: 11.5' x 36'
- 3-foot depth at either end; 4-foot depth in middle
- Surrounded by tumbled limestone with a hand-painted sky mural overhead, the pool features an elaborate mosaic tile design on the bottom
- An 8-foot waterfall at one end of the pool provides an area with seating where guests can rest and let water fall over their shoulders. The wall behind the waterfall features a mosaic design similar to the one on the bottom of the pool. It is surrounded by a cast stone frame
• Women’s and men’s respite rooms, each with locker area, showers, tiled whirlpool, cool plunge pool, sauna and steam room.
Rooftop deck and open-air patio:
Co-ed lounge located on the glass-enclosed rooftop deck with 16-foot fireplace, whirlpool and skylights that provide a four-seasons view.
The spa offers a menu of services including bathing and water services experiences, body treatments, massages, facials and finishing spa services.
Spa cuisine includes light lunch salads and sandwiches, fruit smoothies, wine, gourmet teas and coffees.
FEATURED KOHLER PRODUCT
Kohler Waters Spa reflects Kohler Co.’s history of working wonders with water. The spa is a showplace for a number of brands within the Kohler Co. family of businesses, including KOHLER® and KALLISTA® plumbing products, and ANN SACKS® tile.
SPA HOURS AND ACCESS
• Open daily Mon-Fri - 8:30am-9pm, Sat & Sun - 7:30am-9pm
• Overnight guests of The American Club® who choose to stay in one of the fifty-five Carriage House guest rooms will have access to the spa included in the room rate, along with complimentary continental breakfast, afternoon tea and evening refreshments
• The access fee is waived for guests staying at The American Club or Inn on Woodlake when they reserve one service Sunday–Friday with two or more services on Saturday
• Age requirement: 16 years
Spa amenities include:
• Use of men’s and women’s respite rooms, each with lockers
• Relaxation area
• Plunge pool, whirlpool, steam room and sauna
• Use of plush robe and sandals
• Relaxation pool with waterfall
• Rooftop deck with co-ed whirlpool and fireplace
• Comfortable lounge areas
• Complimentary snacks and beverages
KOHLER WATERS SPA TEAM
GARRETT MERSBERGER - Director, Kohler Waters Spas & Development
Garrett Mersberger has been in the Hospitality industry for more than 17 years. Working for both Kohler Co. and ClubCorp, Mersberger has managed multiple businesses and gained extensive knowledge in the health, wellness and private club sectors of the industry.
As Director of the Kohler Waters Spas, Mersberger oversees the Kohler Waters Spa at The American Club, Kohler Waters Spa in Burr Ridge, Illinois, Kohler Waters Spa, Green Bay, Wisconsin, and the Kohler Waters Spa at the Old Course Golf Resort and Spa, St. Andrews, Scotland. The Kohler Waters Spa portfolio of Spas is known for its innovative water services and Five-Star customer service worldwide. The Kohler Waters Spa located in Kohler, Wisconsin is one of only 56 Five-Star spas in the world.
In addition to these roles, Mersberger serves on the International Spa Associations (ISPA) Board of Directors and currently serves as Secretary/Treasurer of the Board. ISPA is recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization and voice of the spa industry
NIKKI MILLER - Operational Manager-Kohler Waters Spa, Wis.
Nicole Miller has been with Kohler Co. for 20 years, working at various business throughout hospitality and most recently managing Salon at Sports Core. Nicole is a licensed esthetician and has been an ASTECC-certified hydrotherapist for 18 years. Miller has a high level of passion for health and wellness. In her new role, she is responsible for the overall daily operations of the flagship Kohler Waters Spa location at Destination Kohler. Miller oversees the 25,000-square-foot facility with 21 treatment rooms, finishing salon, massage therapy and esthetics services. She works with staff to ensure the philosophy, mission and financial objectives of the spa are met, along with providing five-star services.
MELISSA ABLER - Assistant Manager-Kohler Waters Spa, Kohler, Wis.
Melissa oversees guest service staff and operations at the Kohler Waters Spa location at Destination Kohler. Additionally, Melissa assists with managing sales, marketing, financials and communication initiatives for the business. Her passion for the wellness industry spans 20 years that began at Kohler Co.'s Sports Core Health & Racquet Facility. Abler has extensive experience in customer service, operations and retail having served as both Kohler Waters Spa Retail Specialist, Inventory Control Supervisor and Retail Manager. She was an integral member of the team driving the Kohler Water Spa to be a Forbes Five Star Spa in 2012.
ANDREA ARGY - Spa Manager-Kohler Waters Spa, Burr Ridge, Ill.
Andrea Argy has over 17 years of experience in marketing, hospitality and the spa industry across the United States. Argy currently oversees operations at Kohler Waters Spa at Burr Ridge - named the #1 Day Spa in Chicago by Chicago Magazine. She is responsible for the successful operation of the spa as well as insuring the services, programs, physical properties and financial results reflect the quality standards and objectives established for business.
• Kohler Waters Spa is at 501 Highland Drive, Kohler, Wisconsin 53044
• Located in the Village of Kohler, approximately one hour north of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and two and a half hours north of Chicago.
ADDITIONAL SPA LOCATIONS
• Chicago area: Kohler Waters Spa is located in the luxury shopping and lifestyle destination at the Burr Ridge Village Center. Address: Kohler Waters Spa, 775 Village Center Drive, Burr Ridge, IL 60527 Phone: 630-323-7674
• Scotland: Kohler Waters Spa in St Andrews, Scotland, is located at the Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa, which is part of the Kohler Hospitality & Real Estate portfolio.
• Green Bay Area: Opening in summer 2017, Kohler Waters Spa at LODGE KOHLER is part of the newest four-diamond hotel located in Titletown, opposite of the historic Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The 6,000 square-foot space offers 6 treatment rooms, indoor relaxation pool, signature hydrotherapy services and five-star service.
ABOUT KOHLER WATERS SPA AT THE AMERICAN CLUB®
Kohler Waters Spa operates within The American Club® in Kohler, Wisconsin. The American Club is in a select group being one of only 65 hotels worldwide to be rated both Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond, while Kohler Waters Spa is one of just 56 spas worldwide to earn the five stars – both firsts in the state of Wisconsin. Additionally, it was named No. 3 Golf Resort in North America by Golf Digest magazine. In addition, Kohler has hosted the 1998 and 2012 U.S. Women’s Open at Blackwolf Run®, as well as the 2004, 2010 and 2015 PGA Championships and 2007 U.S. Senior Open at Whistling Straits®. Kohler will also host the 2020 Ryder Cup at Whistling Straits. The resort features 12 dining establishments from the Forbes four-star Immigrant Restaurant to traditional pub fare at The Horse & Plow and rustic Italian at Cucina. The resort is located in the Village of Kohler, Wisconsin, one hour north of Milwaukee and two and a half hours north of Chicago.
Founded in 1873 and headquartered in Kohler, Wisconsin, Kohler Co. is one of America’s oldest and largest privately held companies. Kohler is a global leader in the manufacture of kitchen and bath products; engines and power systems; cabinetry and tile; and owner/operator of two of the world’s finest five-star hospitality and golf resort destinations in Kohler, Wisconsin, and St Andrews, Scotland.